Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Vegan Italian Lentil "meatloaf" Cupcakes with "cheesy" mashed potato Frosting

Well I must say this one is a keeper. I was sitting here with a whole pile of cooked lentils in my fridge and with Thanksgiving coming I know I needed to make space in there and also have something high in protein for me to eat while everyone eats turkey. I scrolled around online for a while and then came up with this version of the meatloaf I used to make but with the lentils! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!



For the "cupcake"

(chop all veggies coarsely) 

2 stalks of celery
1/2 sweet onion or 2 small shallots  
1 c. mushrooms
2.5 c. cooked lentils
14 oz. firm tofu, drained not pressed
1 c. instant oats
2 tbsp. dijon mustart
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tbsp. basil
a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Instructions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 (grease 2-3 muffin sheets, you will need 18-20 total)

2. Mash to tofu in a large mixing bowl then stir in all of the other ingredients and combine well. Transfer to a food processor  and pulse until coarsely blended. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 35-35 minutes. 

For the "icing"

5-6 large red skinned potatoes (cubed and boiled with skin on)
vegan cheese (any flavor)
non-dairy milk
non-dairy butter
garlic powder (optional) to taste
fresh cut green onion or chives (optional) for taste

1. boil the potatoes until soft
2. add butter and milk and garlic powder and blend until they are the consistency at which you enjoy mashed potatoes.
3. spoon 3-4 tbsp on top of each "cupcake" 
4. top with chives 

Find me on social media and don't forget to sign up to receive all of my latest by email.

Instagram: Jeterfit
Pinterest: Dawn Jeter
Twitter: DawnJeter79
email me at: dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com

Need support on your clean eating journey? Request to join here: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/684453731638360/

Looking to add a workout to your healthy eating? Join me in my fitness challenge by requesting to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538249986409275/  


"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment