Saturday, September 20, 2014

Easy Breakfast NO Carbs

Here we go! Another easy breakfast, so filling, and no guess what? You do not need potatoes or toast!

What you will need:

zucchini
yellow squash
onion
tomato
eggs
salt, pepper, cayenne, hot sauce (whatever you like)
hard parmesan cheese (optional)
olive oil




First, chop the squash, zucchini, and onion into bite size chunks. Heat some olive oil in a skillet and cook these stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. You want them softened but not mushy so keep checking them.

Then, cut a tomato into thick slices and grill them on the grill or in a pan. You want to release the flavor and they are better for you this way too :)

While all of this is happening cook your eggs either over easy or you can poach them. I have an egg poaching pan so this made ti very easy. I will attempt to tell you how to poach them without this pan, but I have never done it this way.

Poaching instructions:
boil a pan of water gently and add 1 tsp. of vinegar. 
create a whirlpool in the water using a wooden spoon.
crack the egg into the whirlpool continuing to spin the water
the egg strings should all head toward the middle of the water and the yolk.
lift this out of the water with the wooden spoon

After you have the veggies cooked and the eggs complete, plate it up however you like! Mine looked like this: 


I added a slice of provolone to my husband's and I do not eat cheese so I kept mine plain but you would never know this was not potatoes! I added the cayenne and a little chipotle sauce to the whole dish because I love the zest!

For all of my blog posts, don't forget to sign up with your email to receive them and follow me on social media :)

www.facebook.com/jeterfitness

Instagram: Jeterfit
twitter: dawnjeter79
pinterest: Dawn Jeter

And as always remember:

"your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change"

www.mindfulimpacthealth.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment