Monday, April 20, 2015

Two Quick Vegan Burger Recipes

Well it has been quite a while! With the holidays behind us, and home school starting to wind down I wanted to share a few things I have been working on! I have tried to stay as close to plant based as possible . In order for me to have "main" course food all week long I prep my veggie burgers on Sundays. Here are 2 of my favorite recipes I threw together:



EASY Black bean burgers:

Ingredients:
1 c. Gluten free breadcrumbs. 
(I use these:  http://www.vitacost.com/ener-g-bread-crumbs-gluten-free-10-oz  )
 1 (15.25 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
3 cloves chopped garlic
3/4 tsp. chili powder
grated lime rind
salt, pepper, oregano (to taste)
1 beaten egg

Directions:
combine 1 Tbsp. oil, garlic, and beans in the food processor. Pulse until a paste is formed.
Add breadcrumbs to a bowl and add bean mixture
Stir in rind and remaining ingredients. 
Use wet hands to divide and shape into patties

Heat the remaining olive oil in skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly brown on each side.


Spicy Chick pea and cilantro burgers:

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
chopped cilantro
chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper (optional) all to taste
1/4-1/2 cup oat flour if needed

Directions:

Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until mixed.
Add flour only if needed to dry out the mixture to be able to pack it
Form patties
 Heat olive oil in a pan and cook patties on each side for 3-4 minutes or until they stick together and are lightly brown.

I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine! Each recipe made about 5 burgers each. Clearly the black bean ones, (in the front of the picture) are a bit larger because at that point I was ready to be finished!

 Find me on social media and don't forget to sign up to receive all of my latest by email.

Instagram: Jeterfit
Pinterest: Dawn Jeter
Twitter: DawnJeter79
email me at: dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com

Need support on your clean eating journey? Request to join here: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/684453731638360/

Looking to add a workout to your healthy eating? Join me in my fitness challenge by requesting to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538249986409275/  


"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment