Monday, April 20, 2015

Clean eating Cauliflower Alfredo (vegan option available)

This was a tough one! I have been virtually dairy free for almost 2 years but have been adding back in hard cheeses here and there with not any digestive issues so I tried this a new way. I will give you the recipe for both vegan and non vegan, bit are very simple and low in fat and carbs due to the cauliflower making the paste! 




Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. Olive oil
5 cloves chopped garlic
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth (chicken broth if not vegan)
4 cups Cauliflower florets, no stems needed
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (vegan: 1/4 cup nutritional yeast)
 salt and pepper to taste
cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, any other herbs you like (optional)

Directions:

Boil the broth and add the cauliflower, cook until soft 5-6 minutes
While this is boiling, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic
Transfer all to a blender including the veggie broth and blend until smooth. 
Add cheese or nutritional yeast and blend some more. 
Add more broth or almond milk to think it out. Season however you like!

I use over spaghetti squash or zucchini that I put through the veggetti!

 Find me on social media and don't forget to sign up to receive all of my latest by email.

Instagram: Jeterfit
Pinterest: Dawn Jeter
Twitter: DawnJeter79
email me at: dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com

Need support on your clean eating journey? Request to join here: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/684453731638360/

Looking to add a workout to your healthy eating? Join me in my fitness challenge by requesting to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538249986409275/  


"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment