Sunday, July 27, 2014

Clean Eating Yellow Squash Au Gratin

Lately I have found myself overwhelmed with yellow squash from just 2 tiny plants! They are not so tiny anymore and I have to come up with new ideas!


Here is what came about a few days ago!





2-3 pounds of yellow squash
2-3 pounds red skin potatoes
olive oil
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
motzerella cheese
cheddar cheese
parmesan cheese

Directions: 

Thinly slice the potatoes and squash into circles. Lay them all into a roasting pan and add the almond milk. Cover and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and mix in cheddar and motzerella cheeses. Cook 15 more minutes uncovered, pulling out to sprinkle with the parm for the last 5 minutes. I topped this with fresh basil from my garden and a little sea salt did the trick! This dish was a hit at a recent party! You can add meats, tofu, or beans for extra protein and call this one DINNER!!

For all of my recipes and promotions, follow me:

 
www.facebook.com/dawnjeter
www.facebook.com/jeterfitness

Instagram: Jeterfit

Twitter: dawnjeter79

Pinterest: Dawn Jeter

and good old fashioned email:
dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com



No comments:

Post a Comment