Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Clean eating BBQ sauce

Ok so for YEARS I have loved BBQ sauce! I love sweet, smokey, spicy, YOU NAME IT, I would eat it. Ever since I began to eat clean a little over a year ago I have not been able to bring myself to buy it even once! I mean if someone made it at a party, TRUST ME, I would sneak it in as a "cheat bite" here and there. I love chicken bbq, pork bbq, and pretty much BBQ on anything! 

BUT...have you ever read the label on a bottle of sauce? Wow, I was amazed when I started reading what is in there! To name a few: high fructose corn syrup, modified food starch, xantham gum, caramel color, soybean oil, natural and artificial flavors, yellow #6, red #40, titanium dioxide, blue #1 and the list goes on!

Sooo I finally broke down and created a sauce. It was a mixture and hodge podge of ingredients to begin with and I added and tasted as I went BUUUT...I am giving you the recipe to the best of my memory and you can add and substitute as you feel your taste buds allow! I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

INGREDIENTS:

Disclaimer #1 (and there are a few) I used what I had on hand so some things were not organic!!


  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce – no sugar added, lowest salt
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste – no sugar added lowest salt
  • 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos or lowest sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 2 tablespoons smokey paprika
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 3 tablespoons unsulfered molasses
  • 2 tablespoons raw honey
  • 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and mix well using a whisk.
  2. Use as you would any other bbq sauce!

Here is the finished product! 
Disclaimer #2 (yes that is white bread, I eat that sometimes b/c I buy the least evil kind of "crusty" bread when I feel like it! LOL)


For many more recipes to come don't forget to sign up for my blog by email :)

You can also find me at:

www.facebook.com/dawnjeter
www.facebook.com/jeterfitness

www.mindfulimpacthealth.com

Instagram: JeterFit

Twitter: Dawn Jeter 79

or good old fashioned email at dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com

"You life does not get better by chance, It get's better by CHANGE."

No comments:

Post a Comment