Friday, June 27, 2014

Lose weight while on Vacation

Recently I had the pleasure of attending a fitness conference in Las Vegas, Nevada with a ton of like minded people. We are all Team Beachbody coaches which I can talk about later. (There will be a link below if you are interested in learning more about the opportunity as well as a form you can fill out if you would like to be a part of my mentorship program coming up).

But I am not here to talk to you just about the coaching opportunity. I am so excited to announce that after weeks of being stagnant on the scale even while I was sculpting with P90X3 the fitness program, I was unable to get it to move for the last 2 months! Check out what happened in this video and I will show you how it's done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv9Zf5PE8Pk

Yes, that's right!  I lost 5.2 pounds on a 5 day trip to Las Vegas?! What?! How is that possible? I thought for sure I was looking at a weight gain because of the 3 hour time difference, the lack of sleep, not being near my kitchen for all of my own healthy cooking, plus a 5 hour flight for which you cannot take water! So here are a few things that I did before, during, and on the way home from my trip that got me these results!

  • I packed snacks for the plan. I left at 4pm EST and landed at 9pm EST so dinner was almost out of the question at that point. Some snack ideas are almonds for protein, whole grain crackers, apples, and bananas


  •  Next, I made sure to pack an empty water bottle. When you got through security on an airport you are not allowed liquids so I would fill mine at the water fountain after  I checked in. Some people do not want to have to use the bathroom on the airplane but I still was able to drink 2-3 bottles of water before and during the flight and stay hydrated.
  • While on the plane I chose only snacks such as peanuts and a very small bag of mini pretzels. (Let's face it, the airlines are all about portion control)
  • Once in Las Vegas, we found a Whole Foods grocery store and stocked up on fresh fruit, wraps, hummus, and low sodium chicken breast for lunches.
  • While there we also walked everywhere we needed to go adding over 15,000 steps to the pedometer daily!
  • We were fortunate to be able to workout live with Chalene Johnson to the new Piyo program which you can learn more about here: http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/DawnJeter1?bctid=3630126878001 With Piyo we were low impact but dripping in sweat!

  •  We also worked out a second day with all of the Beachbody trainers at the super workout! Wow what a rush!!

    • When we did eat out we chose foods like sushi, chicken, and rice, always looking for the veggies!
      This salad even had Jicama!! My favorite!!
      Finally, HAVE FUN!! When you get away, it should not be stressful! I was overwhelmed leaving my children for that long for the first time, but once I got there even amidst the tension of moving from workshop to workshop, party to party, and workout to workout, I must have relaxed enough to let 5 pounds melt away!
     

If you are not at a fitness conference ( which most times you won't be!) make sure you have your home workout program with you so you can pop it in your laptop or DVD player in your hotel room or condo to get your strength, toning, and cardio in to start your day off right! You can check out all of the programs at www.beachbodycoach.com/dawnjeter1

Don't forget to sign up to receive this blog by email and as always, my contact information is below!

www.beachbodycoach.com/dawnjeter1
dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com
Instagram: Jeterfit
Twitter @dawnjeter79

If you are interested in learning more about the coaching opportunity check out this video below and fill out the interest form. I will be mentoring 5 coaches in the month of July. If you would like to be one of them, no strings attached, just fill it out! This has been a life changing experience!
 http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/DawnJeter1?bctid=111029551001

Here is the interest form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wNQ370iZ7Zp3f3w17GbZQXmETlfOulOvPMz8QFK2VNk/viewform?usp=send_form

No comments:

Post a Comment