Sunday, May 18, 2014

First Cycling of 2014



Today was an absolute beautiful day in Southern York county Pennsylvania. I decided after my P90X3 workout that I would get a few miles in on my road bike. I usually ride a rode race/ride every June now called Double Creek, in Dover, Pa. You can learn more about that even here at http://www.doublecreek.org/
They have a 30, 48, and 60 mile bike ride option there. When I first started road cycling just 4 years ago, I decided the 30 miler would be a challenge. I completed that in just under two hours that year and knew I would go back the following year and ride a longer distance. Unfortunately, I had cancer the following year, and even though I was sick, I rode the 30 miler again. It was very emotional for me because I knew I would ride the next year even longer and cancer free.Sure enough, last year I rode the 48 miler with a friend and now I am training for the 60 miler this year. I got in about 21 miles today and it felt amazing! I owe my endurance and strength to my continuous training I do in my own living room all winter long with my Beachbody programs. If you want to learn more about some of the programs that I have been doing to stay fit check out this link http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/DawnJeter1?bctid=1247409409001


This particular ride/event benefits the Healthy Community Pharmacy through a program called Healthy York Network here in York County, Pa. Ironically I was already involved with this event before I was diagnosed but this was the charity that was able to help me get some of my medical bills and medications paid for after my health insurance was cancelled. You can learn a bit more about them here at http://www.healthyyorknetwork.com/  It is actually a charity that helps those who are under insured or who have no insurance at all. I always said if I made it through my sickness that I would make known all of the resources that were available to me, so hopefully you will be able to pass some of this information along to someone who may be in need. 


I feel so thankful for my health and strength today and everyday! If you are looking for fitness tips or training advice, send me an email at dawnjeterfitness@outlook.com or follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jeterfitness




No comments:

Post a Comment